NSW Owner Builder Course
If the value of work (labour and materials, Inc. GST) exceeds $20,000, you must complete our (Edway Training RTO No 91401) NSW Owner Builder online course and White Card Work Safely in the construction industry CPCWHS1001 (Training Aid Australia RTO No 91411) zoom course or you can book face to face . It does not matter in which order you complete the White Card / Owner Builder courses
Worksafe section 316 (b) of the WH&S Regulation states
If you already hold a White Card that has been issued:
- less than 2 years ago, you will be able to complete our NSW Owner Builder Course and apply for an Owner Builder Permit using your existing White Card
- 2 or more years ago, and you have not been working in the construction industry, you will need to complete a current White Card Course in addition to the NSW Owner Builder Course in order to be able to apply for an Owner Builder Permit.
NSW Worksafe advise there are increasing cases of DIY’s suffering from asbestos disease through renovating houses\ commercial properties built before 1990.
NSW Worksafe highly recommend that owner builders undertaking renovations on a house/ commercial space built before 1990 complete an Asbestos Awareness course
ABE Education have co-developed a comprehensive Asbestos Awareness course with Edway RTO No 91401, which trains you to identify where asbestos may be present, what types they might be and how to deal with it safely and which is done fully online, for $85
At registration we offer to introduce you to our specialist owner builder insurance broker for your mandatory and highly recommended project insurances including public liability and which must be put in place before project commencement.
Some benefits of studying with us
NSW OWNER BUILDER COURSE CONTENT
Our (Edway RTO No 91401) NSW Owner Builder owner builder course will teach you how to manage your project and make you aware of your legal liabilities, responsibilities, obligations and rights and includes the following 5 compulsory units of competency:
- CPCCWHS2001 Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCOM2001 Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM1011 Undertake basic estimation and costing
- CPCCOM1013 Plan and organise work
- CPCCOM1014 Conduct workplace communication