ACT Owner Builder Course

Access Canberra Industry requirements

In order to become an Owner Builder in the ACT, you must complete these three training courses:
Our Approved ACT Owner Builder Course $179
A construction induction (zoom) White card $149
An Approved Asbestos Awareness Course
Our Access Canberra approved ACT Owner-Builder Course was developed with the assistance of industry experts and will provide you with the mandated educational requirements to apply for your owner-builder permit.
ACT Worksafe require all owner builders to complete a White Card CPCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry qualification, which we offer through our partner Edway Training (RTO No 91401) for $149.
It does not matter in which order you complete the White Card / Owner Builder courses.
Worksafe section 316 (b) of the WH&S Regulation states
If you already hold a White Card that has been issued:
  • less than 2 years ago, you will be able to complete our NSW Owner Builder Course and apply for an Owner Builder Permit using your existing White Card
  • 2 or more years ago, and you have not been working in the construction industry, you will need to complete a current White Card Course in addition to the NSW Owner Builder Course in order to be able to apply for an Owner Builder Permit.
Our courses are hosted on an award winning online LMS platform and our goal is to provide you with a flexible training program that gets you the training you need when and where you need it 24/7.
At registration we offer to introduce you to our specialist owner builder insurance broker for your mandatory and highly recommended project insurances including public liability and which must be put in place before project commencement.
The ABE Education CEO is a builder/ project manager and an expert witness in building disputes. He is a sitting member on national building standards and also co-authored ‘Your Home 99 Q&As Form The Experts’ which answers all the questions people ask when they are buying, selling, building or renovating a home or an investment property.
Created with